Re: [exim] [patch] "do nothing" ACL modifier

Author: Adrian Phillips
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] Simple greylisting in Exim ACL.
Subject: Re: [exim] [patch] "do nothing" ACL modifier

    Kjetil> On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 23:32 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
    >> set acl_m_dontcare = ${lookup sqlite {GREYDB INSERT INTO [...]

    Kjetil> why do we need a special ACL modifier for this?  I think
    Kjetil> it is plenty readable already.

One problem I had (setting up David's sqlite greylisting) was
understanding that "warn condition = ${lookup" can defer on "some
database error" but "set acl = ${lookup" doesn't. I read this part of
the warning section :-

     If any condition on a `warn' statement cannot be completed (that
     is, there is some sort of defer), no header lines are added and

and was uncertain (til I experimented) whether set would cause a
defer, ie. did "any condition" mean the "condition" condition, all
conditions listed in the condition section, or include (one or more
modifiers) as well. Now that I've read it again and again I realise
that it does mean all conditions, perhaps the fact that the condition
statement is also a condition confused me (or perhaps my brain is
faulty).

I agree with Kjetil that using set with a discard variable is
sufficient (this is how I did it in the end).

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/