Re: [exim] SMTP temporary refusal, caveats?

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP temporary refusal, caveats?
Sometime around Wed, 7 Feb 2007 17:48:21 +0000 (GMT), it may be that
Chris Edwards wrote:
> Perhaps I'm out of touch, but I'd have thought if you're regularly
> getting load av. in the "tens", then it may be time for some new(er)
> boxes.

Most commonly yes, but there are boxes that cope quite easily with a
load average of 10. For instance I have a 24-core machine where I don't
worry about the load average until it gets to 24 (although in practise
it runs out of I/O bandwidth before then).

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security