Re: [exim] forward mails to exchange server

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] forward mails to exchange server
Hello kailash,

please don't top post.

kailash vyas, 04.02.2007 (d.m.y):

> As of now I dont need to validate the email addresses for pop but what
> about emails sent via smtp i.e users in example.com.

exim can do a recipient verification via SMTP callout to the Exchange
server before accepting a message.

> for example if user@??? is sending the email will it take care of
> smtp authentication.

It will - when configured so. But as probably only the Exchange Server
knows about your users' credentials, why should exim do the
autentication stuff?

> I think this rule should work fine for routing mails to
> exchange server though i dont think that exim would allow sending mails via
> smtp for users in example.com

Why not? Just configure it the way you need it.

Gruss/Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Idiot: beliebtes Argument.