Re: [exim] forward mails to exchange server

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] forward mails to exchange server
On 03/02/07, kailash vyas <vyaskr@???> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the ip address of exchange server and need to forward emails from
> example.com to 210.11.11.11
> I have specified this in the config file. will this work.
>
> special:
>     driver = manualroute
>     transport = remote_smtp
>     route_list = example.com 210.11.11.11

Mails *from* example.com? Assuming you actually mean mails *to*
example.com, then that's probably OK.

> Also do i need to recreate user accounts that are present in exchange server

In order to be able to reject mails destined for non-existant accounts
on the Exchange server before you accept them, you need to arrange a
way of Exim knowing what accounts are vaild. This can be done a number
of ways, You may find this useful

http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/MsExchangeAddressVerification

> and do I have to mention the ipaddress of exchange server in MX record.

No

> How do I test out this configuration.

Usual debugging techniques using exim -bt and exim -bh

> Please can anyone help because I need to do this ASAP.

Expedited support at weekends costs double.....

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???