Re: [exim] Users Forward File

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Users Forward File
On 03/02/07, Joseph <lists@???> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a setup that uses pgsql to reference the users (vexim).
>
> And in looking at samples I am not able to figure out how I would use a
> .forward file.
>
> I guess I don't understand check_local_user... If that is in the router,
> than it wants to check for a system user, and there won't be system
> users since users are defined in pgsql.
>
> Removing check_local_user, makes it complain:
> "user" or "check_local_user" must be set with "allow_filter"
> Which should be my clue to the problem.

Exim needs to know what uid to use when reading the .forward file.
check_local_user sets this up for local system users. In your case,
you need to set 'user=<some user that can read all the .forward
files>', or perhaps to a uid read from the database if the files are
not all readable by one system user.

> I should be using pgsql to store the .forward contents I expect, but I
> am not sure how to do that either.

data= instead of file=

Store the filter contents in a database column, retrieve it just like
you're retrieving the filename already.

Peter

Peter

--