Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Torsten
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap

Torsten wrote:
>> RedHat *expects* 'performance issues'?
>>
>> Refreshing change, but I am otherwise not going to go there.
>
> This performence issues are only mentioned with GFS clustering (locking
> a file and so on).
> Do you know another way to set up a loadbalanced active/active
> clustering with the same data (same storage)?
> I think GFS (Global File System) is the only way to setup two or more
> systems to read/write on the same data.
> If not, tell me.

You may be interested in unison:
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

This is not a real time replication system, of course. But this could
handle maildirs fairly well and in the improbable case a a total crash
of one of the nodes, you still have all data (nearly) up to date on the
other as they just use different storages. This could even be used to
replicate data for servers residing in different countries. This is not
without issues of course, but may be interesting to test.