Re: [exim] A riddle: What HELO/EHLO does remote host send?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Dan_Mitton
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [exim] A riddle: What HELO/EHLO does remote host send?
Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:
> But doesn't a 'drop' also close the connection? You will never get t the
> RCPT.

Please do not top post.

Yes, a drop does close the connection, which was the point of doing so.
Spamware gives up, some servers will, others will only accept the 5xx code
at rcpt time. There are some servers that ignore error codes if the
connection was dropped for any reason.

Obviously, there will be no RCPT time when this occurs.