Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap
Torsten wrote:
> Thank you very much, Bill.
>
> This was really what I was searching for.
> I can`t remember "Dovecot", sounds good. I was testing Courier a few
> month ago, so I give Dovecot a try and test this scenario.

Dovecot has a couple of advantages, one of them being not insisting that all
folders hang under INBOX, or start with a dot.

Though they *can* do - but 'INBOX.Trash' always struck me as a bit anachronistic.

;-)

It also has a fair following here, so is a road well-traveled w/r Exim+Dovecot
integration.

Cyrus has a longer history, but, JMHO, is a bit of an odd-man-out w/r
integration. Different string handling, special character handling, et al than
some parts of Exim.

But plenty of docs, examples, and expertise.

> P.s.: The reason why I was asking for this: We want to scale our
> Mailsystem to support more users by using GFS (loadbalanced
> active/active clustering) and migrate from POP3 to IMAP. RedHat support
> was telling me that splitting up maildirs is recommended because of
> performence issues. Let`s see.

RedHat *expects* 'performance issues'?

Refreshing change, but I am otherwise not going to go there.

;-)

Bill