Re: [exim] aliases.db: No such file or directory

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] aliases.db: No such file or directory
On Monday 29 January 2007 05:18, Amos Shapira wrote:
> After my previous question about forwarding e-mail to smarthost was somehow
> resolved (I didn't tough anything but the mail stopped being bounced). I
> noticed that I get the following every ten minutes in mail.log:

Did that start happening just after your previous question was resolved, or
did you just not notice it until then?

> Jan 29 15:06:45 localhost sm-mta[19688]: l0SNuiOp003826: SYSERR(root): hash
> map
> "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: No such file or directory

Sorry - this doesn't have anything to do with Exim. Exim can log to syslog,
but by default doesn't. It also doesn't access files under /etc/mail unless
you tell it to. "sm-mta" seems to indicate Sendmail.

> Google doesn't find anything useful. "newaliases" doesn't seem to do
> anything either.
>
> /etc/mail only contains one file called "access", my "aliases" file is
> directly under /etc.

If you have previously had Sendmail (or whichever package) installed it is
possible that it has left behind some crontab that causes the periodic log
messages. Look in /etc/cron.d/. You can also run "apt-cache search ~c" to see
a list of packages in the "config-files" state. But first you should perhaps
simply check if there are any suspect processes running.

> To recap - my setup is Debian Etch with "smarthost, local delivery with
> smtp or fetchmail".

In the future, please direct your Debian-specific Exim questions to the
pkg-exim4-users@??? mailing list, as instructed
in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.html.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)