Re: [exim] aliases.db: No such file or directory

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Amos Shapira
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] aliases.db: No such file or directory
On 29/01/07, Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@???> wrote:

> On Monday 29 January 2007 05:18, Amos Shapira wrote:
> > After my previous question about forwarding e-mail to smarthost was
> somehow
> > resolved (I didn't tough anything but the mail stopped being bounced). I
> > noticed that I get the following every ten minutes in mail.log:
>
> Did that start happening just after your previous question was resolved,
> or
> did you just not notice it until then?

The earliest such line I found was from about 13 days ago, long before I
started working on this.

a list of packages in the "config-files" state. But first you should perhaps
> simply check if there are any suspect processes running.

Thanks - I had a sendmail process still running. "sudo killall -v sendmail"
didn't find it, so maybe that's why it failed to be killed when I purged
sendmail (I try to purge packages as much as I can) but eventually it got
killed by giving the exact PID.

> To recap - my setup is Debian Etch with "smarthost, local delivery with
> > smtp or fetchmail".
>
> In the future, please direct your Debian-specific Exim questions to the
> pkg-exim4-users@??? mailing list, as instructed
> in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.html.

Yes, I read that file but I wasn't sure whether my question is
debian-specific (it wasn't about packaging or something like that - it was
about exim4 configuration).

Thanks,

--Amos