Re: [exim] How to determine address of network by IP address…

Author: Alexander Shikoff
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to determine address of network by IP address of host
Hello,

Philip, I hope you forgive me my perseverance. I guess you didn't understand
me to the end. Maybe my terrible English is the problem... :-\

Please give me one more chance! I'll try to explain below.

I know that *_data variables is used when a match in a host list in an ACL
happens as a result of a lookup. But in some cases (where lookups are
needless and lists are used) it would be great to get in some variable the
item from the list that was matched. As I now at this moment there is
no such variable in exim.

So, may I make a small feature request? Is it possible to introduce such
expansion variable in exim? I guess it will be very useful for some users
of exim.

Thanks for your patience and help!