Re: [exim] making my HELO = my RDNS

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] making my HELO = my RDNS
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> > I believe the problem is that the option is being expanded before an
> > actual connection is being established.
>
> Why don't we move that expansion to after the connection has been
> established? I can't see any problem with that, except that the
> expansion might fail and it doesn't look so good if Exim panics and
> drops the connection.

That seems plausible; Exim needn't drop the connection - it could just
send QUIT instead of {EH/HE}LO. As part of this, we would have to invent
two new variables for the outgoing interface. I propose
$sending_ip_address and $sending_port, by analogy with the (new) names
$received_ip_address and $received_port.

I've noted the idea.