Re: [exim] my IP blacklisted at CBL issues with HELO'ing

Top Pagina
Auteur: Chris Edwards
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] my IP blacklisted at CBL issues with HELO'ing
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Andrew - Supernews wrote:

| It is not possible for a sanely-configured Exim to get you listed on
| CBL. There must be _something else_ on the box which is making
| outgoing port 25 connections; you need to find it.

Putting the OP's problem aside, it sounds like Andrew knows more about the
CBL listing criteria than most of us. My reading of the above is that
sending spam via exim won't get you on the CBL. (Unlike e.g spamcop,
which will list you). This suggests the CBL is looking for IPs exhibiting
specific characteristics of spamware, rather than simply IPs sending spam.

Of course, I may have got this wrong...