Re: [exim] Firstname.lastname recognition

Author: Jason_Meers
To: manus
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Firstname.lastname recognition
Emmanuel Stapf [ES] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've migrated our mail server from exim 4.01 on RH 7.2 to exim 4.63 on FC6 and
> found out that mails sent to `firstname.lastname@???' were rejected on
> the new server but not on the old one. The configuration for exim is pretty much
> the same.
>
> Is exim responsible of the mapping `firstname.lastname' to `username'? Where
> should I look for?
>
> For info it is failing in the following router:
>
> localuser:
> driver = accept
> check_local_user
> transport = lmtp_delivery
> cannot_route_message = Unknown user
>

> Thanks for the help,
> Manu

1) can you find the word "redirect" anywhere in your config? If so we
need to see it to help you.

2) Do local accounts exist for each user you are trying to deliver to?
(these won't have dots in them, most systems I've used wont allow dots
in login names)

3) Run the following on each server:
exim -bt firstname.lastname@??? <enter>
Does the output look different on each box?

4) What is the actual rejection message?

Thanks
Jason_Meers
--
http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk