Re: [exim] Firstname.lastname recognition

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Firstname.lastname recognition
Emmanuel Stapf [ES] <manus@???> (Mo 15 Jan 2007 23:00:16 CET):
> Hi,
>
> I've migrated our mail server from exim 4.01 on RH 7.2 to exim 4.63 on FC6 and
> found out that mails sent to `firstname.lastname@???' were rejected on
> the new server but not on the old one. The configuration for exim is pretty much
> the same.
>
> Is exim responsible of the mapping `firstname.lastname' to `username'? Where
> should I look for?

Normally not directly. There should be some support for this mapping,
mostly from external sources (data base, flat file, ...), but could be
done even inside (${sg....}).

I suppose you didn't transfer/migrate some alias file.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -