Re: [exim] Exim SPAM control DNSBL

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim SPAM control DNSBL
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Filipe Miranda wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm reading the documentation on Exim's websie and I would like for Exim to
> Reject messages from senders listed in this DNSBL :
> blackholes.mail-abuse.org

Have you paid MAPS for that list? Does that list even still
exist under that name? If you don't know the answers to the
above questions, you need to do some more research regarding
what DNSBLs you want to use.

> What would be the correct way to add this to my exim.conf file? (I'm new to
> exim's MTA configuration file)
>
> I added the line bellow just after the begin acl:
> deny dnslists = blackholes.mail-abuse.org
>
> Will that do the trick? or what would be the correct implementation?
>
> Also, what other hints would you recommend to fight SPAM?

The FAQ linked off of the exim website has a lot of good
tips and configuration examples.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC