Re: [exim] Selective filters incoming messages

Author: Laurel Fitzhugh
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Selective filters incoming messages
Hi, sorry to bug you guys so much. This is what the hosting co says, and I
am wondering if it is reasonable or b.s. Personally, I can see that changes
are by domain, but I can't see why the filter has to filter out external
email accounts for the entire domain. Why would there be unable to apply a
filter to specific addresses, and NOT apply it to others? Any comments
appreciated.

~
Hello,

I'll clarify some things before I make any changes. This change can be
domain based only. You cannot make these changes for only some mail
addresses. Would you like me to still try the tests ?
Best Regards,
Shashank Wagh,
Systems Administrator & Level III Support,
Hostgator.com LLC.

~
No.

Can you please explain your exim setup so I can continue to research the use
of ACL or filters to achieve this?

Thanks,

Laurel

~
Laurel,
The filters is a basic feature of exim and there isn't anything that our
servers do differently. The filters are setup per domain in a file outside
your home directory. You should be able to research exim filters and we can
also then symlink the filter file for the domain to your home directory.
This should allow you to write to the filter file to make updates as the
cpanel filters is very basic on what it supports.

Thanks,
Josh B
HostGator Support