Re: [exim] Extremely Simple(?) greylisting with exim?

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Extremely Simple(?) greylisting with exim?
On Tuesday 26 December 2006 02:23 pm, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
> > Becuase you have to close port 25 it will delay all email about 1
> > minute.
>
> No, it will delay the mail by whatever time the sending MTA takes to
> move on to the next MX record. Be that 1 minute, 1 hour or a couple
> of days.

I hope, Martin, that you don't consider this as simply adversarial; the
fact is that I'm currently studying greylisting with an eye toward
prompt implementation.

I know that Marc manages email for a lot of email addresses and is
currently testing what he writes about. (I use him for about a third
of the domains on one of our shared hosting servers.)

Do you have specific experience to show that in realworld application
the MTA may take much longer to move to the second MX?

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA 92408