Re: [exim] how to drop failed DSN?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Chad Leigh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to drop failed DSN?
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> > It should work. If it doesn't, something is wrong.
>
> (written as stream-of-conscience as I investigate)
>
> Ok, that is what I thought. I changed it to 1h as a test but things
> still seem to not be working. Probably because the following is not
> a permanent failure?
>
> 2006-12-22 03:17:32 1GxgfO-000JJz-Fi netnews.hinet.net
> [168.95.195.16]: Connection reset by peer

Indeed. That will not cause the message to be frozen - note that
ignore_bounce_errors_after applies only to frozen bounce messages (i.e.
those that had permanent errors). For "normal" delivery problems, the
normal retry rules apply.

> Seems to be ones that just keep rejecting with 4xx errors all the time.
>
> Anyway to automatically detect that and get rid if these anyway :-) ?

You can set a retry rule for specific 4xx errors, possibly also for
specific domains.