Re: [exim] Recipient callout verification with client AUTH?

Author: Holger Mauermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient callout verification with client AUTH?
Heiko Schlittermann schrieb:
> No. The callout code is still some separate branch, so it doesn't use
> the full router/transport code. Some time ago PH10 told me, that
> changing it is not an easy job.

Magnus and Heiko, thanks for your answers. Unfortunately Cyrus lmtpd
doesn't have any access restrictions other than client authentication.
There is only a preauthenticated mode, which allows the whole world to
inject mails directly into the imap spool. But as a temporary solution
until the callout code is complete ;-) something like "lmtp:
mx?.domain.tld" in /etc/hosts.allow on the Cyrus box should work for me.

> I'm missing TLS for callout as you're missing AUTH. So probably we
> should start a joined effort to make it working? We're already two ;-)
>
>     Best regards from Dresden
>     Viele Grüße aus Dresden

Viele Grüße aus Görlitz :-)

--
Holger Mauermann                            GnuPG/PGP Key ID: 0x8EA8C301