Re: [exim] Recipient callout verification with client AUTH?

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient callout verification with client AUTH?
Holger Mauermann <h.mauermann@???> (Do 07 Dez 2006 14:34:23 CET):
> I need to do recipient verification against a remote Cyrus LMTP server.
> However, Exim never tries to authenticate as client during the callout.
> Is this completely impossible or have I only missed some config options
> that enable callouts with AUTH?

No. The callout code is still some separate branch, so it doesn't use
the full router/transport code. Some time ago PH10 told me, that
changing it is not an easy job.

I'm missing TLS for callout as you're missing AUTH. So probably we
should start a joined effort to make it working? We're already two ;-)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -