Re: [exim] making my HELO = my RDNS

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Chris Edwards
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] making my HELO = my RDNS

Chris Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
>
> | On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 01:10:59PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> |     [...]
> | > It varies. Since I do front end spam filtering when a spam makes it
> | > through it looks like I'm a spam source. I've also been blacklisted for
> | > sender verification.
> |
> | The former is disappointingly common, with Yahoo being
> | particularly troublesome. Of course, large ISPs have
> | little incentive to permit forwarding to addresses they
> | host

> Hmmm. Is Marc P forwarding to arbitary domains (e.g yahoo) ? As I
> understand it, he simply delivers to his own customer servers (not yahoo).
>
> If one of Marc's customers were silly enough to blacklist Marc, only that
> customer would be affected.
>
> So it sounds like the sender callouts must be responsible any for listings
> in public blacklists.

Most of my customers don't own their own servers. They are using email hosted by some other company. Just yesterday GoDaddy started blocking all servers whose helo didn't match the IP address that it was coming from. I was using junkemailfilter.com for all my HELO. So they bounced all the mail for 4 domains.