Re: [exim] Looking for some suggestions...

Author: Jason Meers
To: James Price
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Looking for some suggestions...
James Price wrote:
> I am an old hat at Qmail and Sendmail systems and I understand how Exim
> works vs those 2 but for the most part a newbie with Exim. What I am
> looking for is a good guide to configure Exim as a gateway mail server. The
> basic idea is all MX records point to my Exim cluster (right now I do this
> with qmail) and then once all of the varios call back, call forward, rdns,
> dnsrbl, and anti-virus/anti-spam checks are completed, mail will then be
> host routed (static routed) to the destination mail server.
>
> Is there a good guide for configuring something like this?
>
> Thanks
> James

Try this, is was originally written as a mail-hub for several exchange
servers but will work for any SMTP mail server:
http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/95/39/

You might also want to have a look at Tim Jacksons paper on spam/av
scanning:
http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/99/39/

I also host a searchable set of exim documentation and articles along
with related man pages and rfc's.

If after looking through this and the other suggestions people made you
still don't find what your looking for then just contact me direct and
I'll pass on some examples from a book I'm in the middle of writing.

Thanks
Jason_Meers
--
http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk