Re: [exim] missing authentication

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: Richard.Hall
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] missing authentication
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Richard.Hall wrote:
> > > leo@dipolo:~$ /usr/sbin/exim4 -be
> > > crypteq{$2}{${lookup{$1:2}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}fail}}{yes}{no}}"
> > if you run exim4 with -d, what strings does it show being
> > generated in the expansion of the condition?
> 2) The search key will (unless I've misunderstood) have a colon in it; I
> can imagine that will cause problems. From section 9.3 of the spec: "In
> most lsearch files, keys are not required to contain colons or #
> characters, or white space. However, if you need this feature, it is
> available. If a key begins with a doublequote character, it is terminated
> only by a matching quote (or end of line), and ..." Off the top of my
> head, I'd guess you'd need to search just on $1, then use ${extract to get
> the p/w field. Definitely not tested!!

Bingo !!!
putting extract it now works.

> 4) you say it used to work - if so, none of the above can possibly be
> relevant!!

It worked in exim3 ! when i moved to exim4 a couple of users moved from
pmail (that uses cram) to thunderbid so i thouglt it was a
problem whith this program (that in fact had this problem even with other
servers). Today i had a new user, that uses outlook and together tried to
let it work, to see that also outlook now did not work.
The conversion script from exim3 to exim4 changed some lines, but retained
this !
problem closed.
thanks to thse that suggested me the way to found it.