Re: [exim-dev] Debian freeze imminent

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-dev
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim-dev] Debian freeze imminent
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Debian freeze imminent
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 10:48:30AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Marc Haber wrote:
> > If the 4.64 release is in the process of being prepared, it would be
> > great if release would be before the weekend. If not, we can release
> > with 4.63 which does not have any major issues from Debian's point of
> > view.
>
> 4.64 is still some way off; several weeks at least. Not much has yet
> been done to 4.63 (as you'll see from the snapshots) so I see no reason
> to do 4.64 for a while yet. (And I can't go in a hurry with what has
> already been done because it will take time to update the documentation,
> and I'm in the middle of something else.)

as of today, Debian has still not been frozen, but we are in kind of a
"soft freeze". I doubt that I would get exim 4.64 approved for Debian
etch, so chances are pretty big that Debien etch will release with
exim 4.63, which will stay our productive version through at least 2007.

I'd like to get fixes from CVS into Debian's 4.63, though. Judging
from the Changelog, these fixes:

TF/01
PH/01
PH/07
PH/11
PH/16
PH/30
PH/36
PH/38

could probably be important for Debian. PH/20 is already included in
Debian 4.63.

If you agree that some (or all) of these patches should be in Debian
3.63, do we have a chance to get patches for these issues that could
be applied against 4.63? Do you think that other patches might be
appropriate here?

Greetings
Marc