Re: [exim-dev] Debian freeze imminent

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Haber
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Debian freeze imminent
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Marc Haber wrote:

> as of today, Debian has still not been frozen, but we are in kind of a
> "soft freeze". I doubt that I would get exim 4.64 approved for Debian
> etch, so chances are pretty big that Debien etch will release with
> exim 4.63, which will stay our productive version through at least 2007.

I was planning next week to post to the list saying that I think it's
time to start wrapping up for 4.64, which means that I'll start updating
the documentation. It could take a couple of weeks or more (I'm also
working on a new PCRE release). So I think the timing is indeed wrong
for Debian and 4.64.

> I'd like to get fixes from CVS into Debian's 4.63, though. Judging
> from the Changelog, these fixes:
>
> TF/01
> PH/01
> PH/07
> PH/11
> PH/16
> PH/30
> PH/36
> PH/38
>
> could probably be important for Debian. PH/20 is already included in
> Debian 4.63.
>
> If you agree that some (or all) of these patches should be in Debian
> 3.63, do we have a chance to get patches for these issues that could
> be applied against 4.63? Do you think that other patches might be
> appropriate here?

>From my point of view, it's entirely up to Debian what should be in

Debian 4.63[*]. As for getting patches, well, I'm afraid I have no time
(or, to be honest, any inclination) to try to retrofit patches even to
just the code, not to mention the test suite. I'm afraid you are on your
own here.

[*] What I think is "appropriate" is, of course, always to run the
latest release. <grin>