Re: [exim] Fedora Extras sa-exim

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Miles Sabin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fedora Extras sa-exim
On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 16:08 +0000, Miles Sabin wrote:
> I noticed that you've disabled sa-exim in recent Exim spec files. I know
> that sa-exim has mostly been superceded by exim ACLs, but there's one
> feature which I don't think can easily be replicated: the ability to
> use SpamAssassin's report_safe option to have spam delivered as an
> attachment with the report as the primary message body.
>
> Would you consider reinstating sa-exim? Or can you point me to somewhere
> documenting how to get the same effect with exim ACLs (which doesn't
> involve passing spam through SA twice or me having to write security-
> critical transport filter scripts)?

I'm not entirely averse to reinstating sa-exim if it can still do things
that Exim alone cannot. It should be fairly easy for you to build it
yourself still, too -- it's only one #define in the specfile.

Normally I'd take your corollary as a challenge but I'm not coherent
enough for that today -- I've cc'd the exim-users list in the hope that
someone there can provide an example.

Btw, your 'X-Spam-Report' header is also including a copy of the whole
mail body, which probably isn't what you intend.

--
dwmw2