Re: [exim] builtin greylisting?

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
CC: Johann Spies
Subject: Re: [exim] builtin greylisting?
Johann Spies <jspies@???> (Fr 24 Nov 2006 07:39:31 CET):
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 08:56:02PM +0100, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > > See http://www.schlittermann.de/doc/grey.html
> >
> > the script is really nice. The only drawback is that it takes very, very
> > long to walk through all the directories and remove entries not accessed
> > for a certain time to remove old hosts that haven't tried the delivery
> > again. We had more than 300.000 IP-addresses within one day.
>
> I have not tried this setup yet - I will probably within the next few
> weeks - but wouldn something like
>
> find . -mtime +60 | xargs rm
>
> remove the files older than 60 days?

Almost, better is:

    find . -type f -mtime +60 | xargs rm

Otherwise the directories will be problematic :)
A simple 'find -type f >/tmp/log' took 26 minutes here ... for about
25'000 addresses...

But since only cleaning is a performance killer, not accessing, I didn't
change anything for now.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -