Re: [exim] Exim stopped allowing my Outlook to authenticate

Autor: Chris Lear
A: Daevid Vincent
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim stopped allowing my Outlook to authenticate
* Daevid Vincent wrote (20/11/06 06:42):
> [...]

You might need to recompile exim to use the updated pam libraries.
The revdev-rebuild tool might help. But see below...

[...]
>> I'm hesitant to re-emerge the new version because I don't
>> know exim and
>> I'm afraid I'll just make things worse.
>>
>> *  mail-mta/exim
>>        Latest version available: 4.62
>>        Latest version installed: 4.54

That upgrade shouldn't cause problems.

[...]

> daevid pam.d # cat /etc/pam.d/exim
> #%PAM-1.0
>
> auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> auth       required     pam_shells.so
> auth       required     pam_nologin.so
> account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

It's possible that one of these pam modules isn't there any more.
If you've upgraded to pam-0.99 (which is masked), then pam-stack is not
available, for example.
So you might need to rewrite your pam config, or downgrade to pam-0.78.

Chris