Re: [exim] Exim stopped allowing my Outlook to authenticate

Autor: Daevid Vincent
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim stopped allowing my Outlook to authenticate

Here is some more debugging information...

daevid exim # ll /etc/shadow
-rw-r----- 1 root shadow 1264 Nov 19 13:37 /etc/shadow
daevid exim # ll /etc/pam.d/exim
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 294 Feb 26 2006 /etc/pam.d/exim

daevid log # testsaslauthd
testsaslauthd: usage: testsaslauthd -u username -p password
              [-r realm] [-s servicename]
              [-f socket path] [-R repeatnum]
daevid log # testsaslauthd -u myusername -p XXXXXXX
connect() : No such file or directory
0: daevid log

daevid pam.d # cat /etc/pam.d/exim
#%PAM-1.0

auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_shells.so
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

And in /etc/exim/exim.conf:

tls_advertise_hosts = *
tls_certificate = /etc/ssl/certs/exim.pem
tls_privatekey = /etc/ssl/private/exim.pem

begin authenticators

plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
server_condition = "${if pam{$2:$3}{1}{0}}"
server_set_id = $2

login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
server_condition = "${if pam{$1:$2}{1}{0}}"
server_set_id = $1
# Exim list said that I could combine the client and server settings
# this line is merged from the 'outbound' instructions.
client_send = ": ACCOUNTNAME : SECRET"