Re: [exim] Redhat and Maildir....

Autor: Nigel Wade
A: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users, Jacob Lester
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Redhat and Maildir....
David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 15:05 +0000, Nigel Wade wrote:
>> Apparently, for some reason best know to themselves, RedHat have chosen to
>> supply Exim without the ability to create maildir format mail folders. You can
>> download the RPM source, create your own src/Makefile for exim and modify the
>> spec file so it uses your Makefile rather than the one supplied. Then rebuild
>> the RPM.
>
> Please could you elaborate on precisely what's missing?

My mistake. I was looking at the RPM spec file, which copies the EDITME file
into Local/Makefile. That has MAILDIR commented out. I missed that there's a
patch which edits the Makefile and enables it.

I thought that when I'd built my own RPMs for Exim 4.54, based on the RedHat
4.43 RPMs, that I'd had to manually enable Maildir during the build process.
Obviously my memory is faulty.

Sorry for the mis-information.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555