Re: [exim] How do I customise the messages that Exim sends?

Author: Christoph Purrucker
To: Heiko Schlittermann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How do I customise the messages that Exim sends?
Hello Heiko,

> The general question is, if you should reject the message at SMTP level
> or if generating a bounce mail is much more user friendly, because this
> should work with /any/ mail client.

I think, you should reject messages to MUAs and not bounce it. A MUA which
cannot respond in a user friendly manner to an MTA reject, should be
dumped.

I've many customers which ignore any bounces ("what's all that spam") and
rely on the mail client: If a mail is in the "Sent"-Folder, it is sent!
And the recipient got it! *doh*

But when e.g. Thunderbird is showing a messagebox with an **useful** error
from the MTA, the customer knows immediately that there was something
wrong with his mail, and that it was not sent.

Gruß,
cp

--
Die Homepage meines Vertrauens: www.cpur.de