Re: [exim] Segmentation Fault on STARTTLS

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: Tim Wilde
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Segmentation Fault on STARTTLS
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 08:46:43AM -0700, Tim Wilde wrote:
> I've also verified that other things compiled against OpenSSL on this
> system can speak SSL without a problem. In particular, dovecot
> imaps/pop3s work fine, again with the same certificates that I am trying
> to use with Exim.
>
> Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen segfaults with exim+TLS on FreeBSD previously,
but never tracked down the cause (we didn't need TLS and
just switched it off). But can you recompile your exim
with debug symbols and get another stack trace?

http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050321/msg00026.html

--
``DO NOT perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation....''
(EPA emergency care advice for victims of the nerve gas sarin)