Re: [exim] trouble shooting exim on KnoppMyth

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] trouble shooting exim on KnoppMyth
Jay Sprenkle wrote:

> Good evening all,
> I'm using KnoppMyth to implement a TiVo like system. It uses exim4 for
> the MTA and I'm completely unfamiliar with it.
> Would anyone be willing to help debug it? I will be happy to give you
> credit and post a copy of the result to the KnoppMyth
> forum so others don't have to go through this too...
>
> Thanks

If Google is not lying to me about those two terms, you propose implementing an
MTA on a set-top-box or TV/Entertainment functional equivalent thereof.

That at least 'strongly suggests' operating on a dynamic-IP and in any case
almost certainly without a PTR record or even *any* DNS entry.

You should not be surprised if at least a few folks - buried in spam from
zombies on such facilities already - might consider that 'less than
praiseworthy' behaviour.

:-(

Bill