Re: [exim] Exim has a bad queue handling?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chad Leigh
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim has a bad queue handling?

On Oct 21, 2006, at 4:07 PM, Jörg Sommer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on a private mailing list, someone raised the claim Exim has a bad
> queue
> handling and relies on delivering the mail in the first attempt.

I think we need more details on the claims. Exim can handle deferred
delivery no problem.

> The
> discussion was about greylisting and "using" the queue of the
> remote site.

Can you point us to the thread so that we know what the issue really is?

> Speaking accross the board, is it true that Exim has bad (it need more
> resources) queue handling? For Exim on the sender site, is
> greylisting a
> problem?
>
> Bye, Jörg.

Others more knowledgeable on the internals will reply I am sure but I
have never had any sort of resource problems using exim. I guess it
depends on how you implement the greylisting. Exim is very
configurable and you can do most anything with it (more or
less :-) ) though some ways of configuring it will be less than
optimal. That is a problem with the implementor, not exim itself.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider