Re: [exim] Exim has a bad queue handling?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave Lugo
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim has a bad queue handling?
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Thomas Hochstein wrote:

> Not bad, but not very sophisticated either. Exim has a single queue,
> and each queue runner will try every message in order to check and try
> to resend it, when its retry time has been reached. The larger the
> queue gets, the longer that will take.

(wild off the cuff stuff that I don't know enough
about filesystems to say if this would improve stuff)

If exim has to look at the file to see if a new
delivery attempt is due, would it be faster overall
(for queue ops) to instead reflect that information
in the -H filename, and just have exim update that as
needed? Queue runners then don't need to open the
file to check - they should know via a dir scan, which
they've already done.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC