Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

Author: Stuart Gall
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

On 18 Oct 2006, at 15:56, W B Hacker wrote:

> Stuart Gall wrote:
>
> *snip*
>

>> Yes I just discovered that .gr (and hence me and most of my
>> clients :-)) is listed because it does not have a whois service.
>
> I would be more concerned that both sorbs and spamhaus list your
> <domain>.<tld>,
> as does our own LBL, based on a wave of spam that hit *us*
> specifically.

MY Domains are not listed -
You mean .otenet.gr they are a local ISP (the biggest I think) I have
my DSL account with they get listed on and off on various lists.
stuart@??? is my spam bucket.

The cool thing is that there are only say 8-10 main ISPs in Greece,
and they dont whitelist each other so often the e-country gets cut in
two.
otenet dont even accept their own IPs if they are listed in some
RBL!!!! I found recently. :-))

>> Whois does not support unicode domain names is
>> gr-hostmasters most compelling reason.
>
> That's a fiddle. There are solutions for that.
>
>> Also the RFC1032 does not state that the domain has to be registered
>> in a whois db it just sais that sysadmins should check their details
>> and one way they might do that is with whois.
>>

> See .to, also blacklisted by the ignorant. Tonga's NIC shows if a
> domain exists,
> but you must send an e-mail if you want more specific details about
> the holder.
>
> Said holder get the email, and may or may not choose to respond.
>

>> Greece has 11million people so .gr can expect to be booted around a
>> bit, but germany is 80million ? - COOL
>>

> Ah, but there is a cultural difference!
>
> Germans thrive on conflict and feel neglected if no one is at least
> *trying* to
> boot them around.

I think here they just expect it