Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

Author: Stuart Gall
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

On 18 Oct 2006, at 04:17, W B Hacker wrote:

> Stuart Gall wrote:
>
>> On 17 Oct 2006, at 23:23, Renaud Allard wrote:
>>

> *snip*
>

>>> Please report them to http://www.rfc-ignorant.org
>>

>> Excellent RBL. First I heard of them.
>> ophosting are already listed a little while ago, did you do that?
>>

> Not that there may not be genuine offenders in that DB, but have a
> care.
>
> 'rfc-ignorant' has a long and well-documented history of being
> exactly that.
> 'ignorant', and exponentially so.
>
> Someone there was..
>
> - too dumb to use the ubiquitous 'whois',
>
> - too lazy to do 'man telnet' for the options it needs to pretend
> to be whois,
>
> and ended up blacklisting the entire '.de' TLD 'coz they thot the
> *registrar*
> was non-complaint. (.de was, and is fully RFC compliant).

Yes I just discovered that .gr (and hence me and most of my
clients :-)) is listed because it does not have a whois service.
Whois does not support unicode domain names is
gr-hostmasters most compelling reason.
Also the RFC1032 does not state that the domain has to be registered
in a whois db it just sais that sysadmins should check their details
and one way they might do that is with whois.

Greece has 11million people so .gr can expect to be booted around a
bit, but germany is 80million ? - COOL