Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's
Stuart Gall wrote:

*snip*

> Yes I just discovered that .gr (and hence me and most of my
> clients :-)) is listed because it does not have a whois service.

I would be more concerned that both sorbs and spamhaus list your <domain>.<tld>,
as does our own LBL, based on a wave of spam that hit *us* specifically.

> Whois does not support unicode domain names is
> gr-hostmasters most compelling reason.

That's a fiddle. There are solutions for that.

> Also the RFC1032 does not state that the domain has to be registered
> in a whois db it just sais that sysadmins should check their details
> and one way they might do that is with whois.

See .to, also blacklisted by the ignorant. Tonga's NIC shows if a domain exists,
but you must send an e-mail if you want more specific details about the holder.

Said holder get the email, and may or may not choose to respond.

> Greece has 11million people so .gr can expect to be booted around a
> bit, but germany is 80million ? - COOL

Ah, but there is a cultural difference!

Germans thrive on conflict and feel neglected if no one is at least *trying* to
boot them around.

Bill Hacker

(....500+ years out of Dresden, Saxony, and counting...)