[exim] Sqlite greylisting (Was: Greylisting without SQL db)

Author: Jason L Tibbitts III
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim users
Subject: [exim] Sqlite greylisting (Was: Greylisting without SQL db)

DW> I wrote the SQLite support for Exim specifically so that I could
DW> upgrade my greylist code to use it. Actually I haven't deployed
DW> the new stuff -- it was contributed by Jeff Garzik, but I haven't
DW> got round to using it for myself yet.

Well, I'm playing with it now and went ahead and put it on one of my
MX machines for a bit just to see how it would work. It seems to be
chugging along, but I do have some questions that are a bit beyond me.

When a messages is greylisted, the log_message kicks out something
like
Greylisted <BAY105-F3724835CCB05D2A664070FC2080@???> for
offences: Message has 0.2 SpamAssassin points. :failure
Now, on the old text-based setup, this always had "success" at the end
instead of "failure". It looks like the items are being inserted into
the database properly, so I'm not sure what the failure is about. I
guess this hinges on the return value of an sqlite lookup versus that
of a run command.

I noticed an odd failure with this being logged:
temporarily rejected after DATA: column id is not unique

I wonder if that's a host retrying too fast?

- J<