Re: [exim] Sqlite greylisting

Author: Jason L Tibbitts III
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim users, jeff
Subject: Re: [exim] Sqlite greylisting

>> I noticed an odd failure with this being logged: temporarily
>> rejected after DATA: column id is not unique
>>
>> I wonder if that's a host retrying too fast?

DW> Hm, not sure. Jeff?

I think I found what causes this. Basically, if the same message sent
from the same host to the same recipients comes to you by more than
one path, you'll see this message. This can happen if you have some
address on another host that forwards to you, and the same spam comes
to both. See these log entries:

2006-10-17 22:01:27 1Ga1gL-0000aw-N0 H=smtp2.cc.uh.edu [129.7.234.2]
F=<analisejae@???> temporarily rejected after DATA: Greylisted
<00a801c6f261.7bd5da80.cdc0c0a8@wake>: Message has 1.5 SpamAssassin
points. :failure

2006-10-17 22:01:28 1Ga1gM-0000at-6m H=(nkjegkmmpd) [60.217.21.8]
F=<analisejae@???> temporarily rejected after DATA: column
id is not unique

I'm not sure what to do here, since the hashes in this case will be
identical and yet it's not really possible to detect from the
information available whether there are two separate messages or
whether there's just one message being retried from a different host.

Perhaps the IP address of the sending host should be part of the key?
Does sqlite support compound keys?

- J<