Re: [exim] Greylisting without SQL db

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Jason L Tibbitts III
CC: exim users
New-Topics: [exim] Sqlite greylisting (Was: Greylisting without SQL db)
Subject: Re: [exim] Greylisting without SQL db
On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 12:01 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Oh, cool, you did end up upgrading it. I've been using your old
> method for some time now with no problems, but have been wanting to
> move to SQLite since it was turned on in the Fedora exim packages.

I wrote the SQLite support for Exim specifically so that I could upgrade
my greylist code to use it. Actually I haven't deployed the new stuff --
it was contributed by Jeff Garzik, but I haven't got round to using it
for myself yet.

> Do you have an expiry tool there as well?

You found it before I did -- I didn't see it in my CVS tree and was
going to look for the mail from Jeff this morning. But yes, it's where
you said it was: http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/greylist/

> Also, have you considered making the timeout scale based on, say,
> spamassassin score? With the idea being that the most spammy messages
> have to wait perhaps significant amounts of time, hopefully resulting
> in other filtering methods like blocklists catching up.

I hadn't really considered that, no. It's a good idea though. Feel free
to re-express it in 'diff -u' form... :)

--
dwmw2