[exim] Adding a per-recipient message header

Author: SeattleServer.com
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] Adding a per-recipient message header
So I've got a big problem, and from what I'm able to gather of Exim's design
decisions, there's no easy way around it.

Without going into excessive detail, I generate a unique identifier for every
pass of the RCPT ACL, and stick it into $acl_m4. I record a bunch of stats
into a database based on this number so that I can look up details of what
exactly happened later.

Towards the end of the ACL, before any rejection or accepting takes place, I
have the following:

        warn    add_header      = :at_start_rfc:X-SeattleServer-ID:
${acl_c6}-${acl_m6}-${acl_m4}

Well, if I then send a message two two recipients, instead of having one
unique line per actual copy of the message, both messages contain the
following in the headers:

This isn't very useful because I do a lot of stuff differently based on who
the recipient is and what settings they have - I need each identifier in the
ONE copy of the message it pertains to.

This seems related:
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20040112/msg00128.html

Somebody mentioned using a router to add per-recipient headers, but I don't
see how this would work as acl_m4 is set at rcpt acl time.

Suggestions?

(Please CC me on any responses - I seem to be having some issues getting list
posts...)

Cheers,