Re: [exim] announce delivery

Author: Tom Kistner
To: exim-users
CC: David Saez Padros
Subject: Re: [exim] announce delivery
David Saez Padros wrote:

> BTW, it will be also great to have a similar feature for remote
> deliveries

This was bugging me as well. There is currently no way to "do something"
when a remote transport finishes running. For local transports, you can
hack something using shadow_condition.

For my current employer, I have implemented 3 private options to the
SMTP transport:

on_success = <stuff>
on_err_perm = <stuff>
on_err_temp = <stuff>

Where <stuff> gets expanded on delivery success, deferral and failure,
respectively. The results are discarded, but you can call just about
anything in the expansions (like ${run or ${perl).

This is rather ugly and I don't want to commit it in this fashion, but
I'll put this item up for discussion :)

/tom