Re: [exim] announce delivery

Author: David Saez Padros
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] announce delivery
Hi !!

> The very ancient Unix way of announcing email is called "comsat". It is
> implemented by a daemon to which the mailer sends a message (using UDP).
> The daemon then writes "you have mail" to the user's terminal if she/he
> is logged in. Exim has support for comsat - check the "notify_comsat"
> option of appendfile. If you were to write a replacement daemon that
> accepted comsat-style messages, Exim can already support you.
>
> Oddly enough, I looked at the comsat code only yesterday and thought "I
> wonder if anybody uses this any more?"

looks very useful for users who want to know when they receive some
important mail on his mobile via SMS. It's not necessary to write a
full daemon to have comsat hacking as shown in this page:

http://larve.net/people/hugo/1998/01/hcomsat

BTW, it will be also great to have a similar feature for remote
deliveries

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53