Re: [exim] use of add_header - not an *exact* drop-in replac…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] use of add_header - not an *exact* drop-in replacement formessage?
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, W B Hacker wrote:

*snip* (areas in harmony)

>>i.e. a scorekeeper or accounting-class verb.
>

> That really *is* just a naming thing. I agree that it would be better
> but don't see any great urgency.

ACK.. Long range...

The Forth programmer likes the concept of 'verb' for the case statements (your
"acl") - nice 'natural language linkup.

Ease of understanding might be carried even further (Exim 7?) if that concept is
regularized and continued.

Perhaps extended into further grouping of the variables by their 'skill set'.

Ex: I am currently struggling with:

${lookup dnsdb{mx=a.b.example}{$value}fail}

- Wherein I cannot seem to pin-down what 'personality' this critter has from the
docs.

Separate post...

;-)

Best,