Re: [exim] curly one

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: Peter D. Gray
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] curly one
On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 12:06:17AM +0100, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> $sender_address being blank and the header, though for
> some reason I see my implementation uses $message_body,

sorry, I was being stupid. The reason that you match on
$message_body is of course that the system filter must act
on the *bounce*, not on the message that generates the
error, in order to suppress it. So this relies on the
bounce message quoting the relevant header. Of course this
is completely broken (it can't distinguish between a
quoted header and the name of the header appearing in the
quoted body) but in practice it's probably good enough. I
use this to suppress bounces to addresses which were
verified as undeliverable at time of message submission
(on a system where it is not acceptable to decline mail
from undeliverable senders).

--
Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought
a fool than to open it and remove all doubt