Re: [exim] curly one

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] curly one
Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 09:02:19AM +1000, Peter D. Gray wrote:
>     [...]

>>When mail cannot be delivered to a mail store for any
>>permanenet reason, a bounce is generated. I would like
>>to not generate a bounce if the message is tagged as spam.
>

> this is easy to do with a system filter (match on
> $sender_address being blank and the header, though for
> some reason I see my implementation uses $message_body,
> and I increased the length of the excerpt which is made
> available in that variable). There may be a way to do this
> that avoids a system filter, but I didn't spend much time
> looking.

Not tested....

- but if the router that handles the spam delivery to the user also has an
'unseen' with a paired sibling router that sends a copy to, for example, a comon
storage location (for later analysis of scanning effectveness, ELSE periodic
deletion).

- and the 'copy' cares not if the user can/has received, as it marches to the
beat of a different drummer..

does a bounce get generated when the 'primary' person cannot be delvered to, but
the 'chained' user-agnostic (always deliverable) router activates and DOES log a
delivery success?

??

(I *should* actually try this...)

Bill