[exim] curly one

Author: Peter D. Gray
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] curly one
OK, here is my problem.

I have a front end mail gateway, which does spam
detection. It adds a header with a spam score. It's very accurate.
I use exim for my mail MTA (obviously) on mail hubs.

There is no local delivery on the mail hubs. All mail
is distributed to mail stores via SMTP. In other words,
the mail hubs are mail routers only.

When mail cannot be delivered to a mail store for any
permanenet reason, a bounce is generated. I would like
to not generate a bounce if the message is tagged as spam.

I have had a look into this already, and can see no way to
pass information between the original message and the newly generated
bounce message. Is there a way to do this? It would be kind of
nice if the smtp transport had an option for no bounce on failure.
Then I could use a seperare transport for mail tagged as spam
with that option set.

Regards,
pdg

--

See mail headers for contact information.