[exim] CDB lookups to verify addresses

Author: Alex_Clark
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] CDB lookups to verify addresses
Hi,

I'm quite new to Exim, so apologies if I'm sounding like a newbie! I 've
searched through the archives and FAQ and I'm still non the wiser.
Basically, I want to be able to verify user's addresses (the local part)
and if they don't exist in our Domino directory they are then rejected.
Rather than using LDAP, we will be pulling this info down into a cdb file
nightly. The command used to create the cdb file is:

ldapsearch -x -LLL -H ldap://xxx.xx.xx.xx/ "(objectClass=person)" mail |
grep mail: | awk -F[:@' '] '{print "+" length($3) "," length($1) ":" $3
"->" $1}END{print ""}' | cdbmake ./jlpcdb/jlp.cdb.new ./jlpcdb/tmp

This then creates a cdb file with entries in the format, e.g.
+10,4:Alex_Clark->mail

I want to then do a lookup on this when the recipient's address is
verified. I've modified a part of ACL (which is pretty much the default
Exim ACL config) by adding the two bottom lines, as below:

accept    local_parts   = postmaster
        domain          = +relay_to_domains
        verify          = recipient
        acl                     = cdb{/usr/exim/jlpcdb/jlp.cdb}{$value}

...but it's not doing anything with the bit I've added, so the lookup
obviously isn't going to plan. It just accepts it if the domain is in the
+relay_to_domains as it did before I made any changes. How does it need to
be phrased to perform the verification?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Alex Clark
alex_clark@???
This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of the John Lewis Partnership. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all copies of this message. (Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses). Email to and from the John Lewis Partnership is automatically monitored for operational and lawful business reasons.
John Lewis plc
Registered in England 233462
Registered office 171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN

Websites: http://www.johnlewis.com
http://www.waitrose.com
http://www.greenbee.com
http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk